here’s a dating tip
if your partner suffers social anxiety or is an introvert, do not force them to go out on a date or hang out with you. more than likely, being alone relaxes their anxiety and recharges their energy. so respect that. and don’t bug them about it or take it personally. you’ll make their anxiety worse or just end up making them feel guilty as shit.
this goes for friends too. don’t do that to your friends.
date ideas for introverts/those with anxiety:
- stay in and watch a movie or marathon a tv show (a short series thats less than 5-10 hours, depending on how long you want to hang out)
- build a pillow fort to read or cuddle or whatever, really. the only limit to what you do with a pillow fort is your imagination
- trip to the library or museum; if/when they say/show theyre tired/anxious/uncomfortable, leave. go home or somewhere to eat and let them recharge/recuperate
- build-a-bear or somewhere similar where they can make choices to create something but dont have to talk to anyone but you
- arts and crafts of some sort: create a collaborative project that takes a day or two to complete, like a photo album, collage, silly portraits, etc.
- make a mixtape (playlist in actuality since this isnt the 90s) of songs that you like to listen to together
all text posts in october must be
formatted like this
Quite possible the greatest tweet ever written.
Not the heroes we thought we needed but the heroes we really needed all along
This perfectly summarizes why I love the Simpsons and hate Family Guy.
I HATE THIS
I’d come back for you..
yeah thanks bonnie
New Republican ad came out today which gave me the best reaction image I’ve ever seen.
Last Night in Ferguson (9.28-9.29): Last night’s protest was one of the in Ferguson this month, proving once again that the residents of Ferguson/STL County are some of the most resilient and inspiring in all the land. The police were literally holding peaceful protesters hostage late into the night (folks who were complying with all police requests) so they could negotiate with the remaining folks to leave, but the protesters didn’t back down. Eventually all arrestees were released, and many plan to be back out there tonight.
Injustice in Ferguson continues, but despite it, community now thrives too. This is still happening. Are you still paying attention? #staywoke #farfromover
You cannot jail the resistance!
me like ‘haha yeah i can DEFINITELY write a five page paper in two hours!! time is a construct, deadlines have no meaning and also i’m dead inside’